Our culture puts some much emphasis on the body that we easily forget the amazing transformative power of the mind. The cleanest of diets does not serve us a bit if we are haunted by negative thoughts and unresolved issues. My new year’s detox plan will therefore be based not on nutrition, but on my thoughts.
Here are my guidelines:
- Practice gratitude- “Gratitude turns what we have into enough” Melody Beattie
- Be content with what I have- “If you are not happy with what you have, what makes you think you’d be happy with more?” Joshua Becker
- Practice being happy over other people’s success- “Life is a journey, not a competition”. Joshua Becker
- Live simply- “Identify the essential, eliminate the rest”. Joshua Becker
- Slow down- “there is more to life than increasing its speed” M.K. Ghandi